Thursday, October 14, 2010

HELVETICA

Before seeing this film, I knew quite a bit about the universal nature of the font Helvetica, but I wasn't quite aware of it's grandness and prevalence. Seeing all of the brand logos using the typeface really shocked me. I see those logos daily, but I never really stopped to think about what font they were in. The only ones I knew that used Helvetica were American Apparel and Gap. I thought it was really interesting how some of the people interviewed had really strong opinions on the font. This is something that I wouldn't imagine people to feel so passionate about! As for me, I do like the font Helvetica quite a lot. However, I like a lot more "handmade" fonts better. I think it's important to have a standard, clean cut, basic font to have as a default, but I'm much more attracted to simple but creative fonts.


For example, the these two fonts are my current favorites:

No comments:

Post a Comment