Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bill Morrison's Decasia

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go to the presentation of this film due to other class requirements, so I was very pleasantly surprised when I found out we were watching it in class.   I really liked the subject matter of the films that Morrison chose. They originally weren't creepy films, but with the addition of the music and the decay, they took on that persona. I think his music was pretty spot on to add to the mood of the film. However, I was left longing for a climax, but never really got one. Overall, I was quite impressed by Morrison's use of average stock footage to turn it into something very artful and unique. Before I had seen the film, I wasn't sure if I was going to think it was very artistic, but after experiencing it, I can say that I am now a believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment